Stained teeth lose their brightness over the years, even with a proper dental care. Professional bleaching can cost hundreds of dollars, and home treatments can also cost a lot. You can do a simple whitening gel at home with products you probably already have. Using a home tooth whitening gel is an effective way to get a brighter smile without spending money on professional treatments or remedies purchased in stores.
– 1 tsp. of sodium bicarbonate
– 3 drops of glycerin
– 2 cups
– 2 tbsp. of hydrogen peroxide
– Mix 1 tsp. of baking soda with 3 drops of glycerin in a cup until it became a paste. Glycerin is available in most pharmacies and grocery stores.
– Add 2 tbsp. of hydrogen peroxide to 1 cup of water in a beaker and mix with a spoon. Higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide produced faster whitening effects. Hydrogen peroxide is usually available in stores in concentrations of 3 and 12 percent.
– Take a toothbrush wet with hydrogen peroxide solution and then dip it in the sodium bicarbonate paste. Wash your teeth vigorously, repositioning the brush in the solution of hydrogen peroxide periodically.
– Rinse your mouth using the remaining hydrogen peroxide solution. Make the whitening process at least three times a week to achieve the desired results.