It’s ideal to use a customized product to meet the specific needs of your skin and avoid chemicals found in many commercial creams. When you consider making a homemade cream, choose quality natural ingredients for more benefits. This homemade cream may take less time because contains no preservatives, and you can keep it fresh by storing in the refrigerator.
– 1 cup almond oil
– 1 ounce of dried herbs powder
– small glass bottle
– metal spoon
– large colander
– medium glass bowl
– 1 ounce beeswax into small pieces
– 5 glass containers with lid for 2 ounces
1. Make a cup of almond oil in a small glass jar with lid and add dried herbs powder. To treat dry and irritated skin, you can add calendula, as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. For a scented body cream, add pink or lavender, and to create a product that stimulates blood circulation, add rosemary.
2. Place the flask without lid in a preheated oven at a temperature of between 100 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave the oven door slightly open to let heat escape. Let the oil and herbs remain in the oven for four or five hours.
3. Remove from the oven the oil filter with a large infusion strainer covered with muslin cloth.
4. Measure one cup of infusion of almond oil and pour into a glass container.
5. Add 1 ounce of small pieces beeswax into the bowl and heat in a double boiler over low heat, until the product is completely dissolved.
6. Remove the cream from heat and insert a metal spoon in the product. Place the spoon in cold weather to harden the cream and evaluate the consistency of the product. If you consider that it should be thicker, add more beeswax and repeat the process. If consider that it should be lighter, add more oil infusion.
7. Let the cream settle and cool to room temperature. Fill the jar for up to two ounces with homemade body lotion. Store the jars in the refrigerator until ready to use.