When you look at your face in the mirror, the last thing you want to see is a big and bulky shin and a field of pimples. Do not start using foundation and concealer. The best way to deal with these annoying occurrences is to treat them, not to cover them. Treating pimples and blackheads is simply a matter of choosing the right products and chemicals.
You will need these ingredients:
– an ice cube
– facial cleanser with salicylic acid
– facial creams containing hydroxy acids, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide
– oil free concealer
– Hold an ice cube against pimples for a few minutes to reduce swelling and rinse the area with a facial cleanser with salicylic acid. This type of cleanser unclogs the pores. The pores are clogged with dead skin and this is usually what causes pimples.
– Select a face cream or have a salicylic benzoyl peroxide. Both are effective, although the latter is generally better tolerated. Start with this product if you have a sensitive skin.
– Put some cream on the tip of your finger and rub it on the affected area. Do this in the morning and evening. Using products with different active ingredients can be effective against stubborn acne.
– Apply an oil-free concealer in the area. Choose lotions and makeup that are free of oil. The ones containing oil can clog your pores and cause pimples.
– Wash your face before going to sleep each night to prevent the oil and the makeup to clog your pores, which is how blackheads are formed.
– Apply a granular exfoliating mask on your face. This rough rinse will help cleanse your pores.
– Gently massage a little cream to the affected area. Any benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or hydroxy acids will work best.
– Wash your face again when you get up in the morning.