Everyone faces skin issues regularly – particularly the facial skin. The never ending pollution in the air with constant changes in the climate affects our skin and its health. Acne, blemishes, pimples and blackheads are often caused by unhealthy environmental factors and pollution, that find their way into our skin.
Blackheads can be found on the forehead, nose, cheeks or chins. The most irritating and painful area where you can get blackheads is your chin. Chin blackheads are not only prominent but are also painful to remove as the surface area of the chin skin is hard. Unlike nose and forehead, makeup is not an effective covering mask you can use to hide blackheads on your chin.
There are, however, a few remedies that can help you get rid of blackheads on the chin:
- Exfoliation and cleansing regularly keeps your skin soft and your pores clean of dirt. If you already have blackheads on your chin, exfoliating with salt can slowly remove them by softening the pores.
- Steam your face. However, note that you want only the affected area to be exposed and the rest of the skin covered with facial tissues. Steam for 5-10 minutes. Massage the chin with olive oil or yogurt to clean the pores. Once you have removed blackheads splash cold water on your face to close the pores.
- Avoid using scrubbing as it only aggravates the already rough surface of the skin. Scrubbing on chin blackheads can leave scars.
- Application of orange peels also reduces blackheads on your skin. It is a slow process but quite effective.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid that prevents the production of blackheads. If you have blackheads on your chin apply an equal layer of lime and yogurt on the affected area. Massage it till you feel friction/heat. Apply light pressure keeping the fingers on the surface, gently remove the blackheads.
- Micro beads and salt sea is also a great remedy to remove blackheads from your chin. However, if your skin condition is aggravating it is best to consider visiting a dermatologist.
- Extractors that are directly used on a moisturized skin can also remove blackheads. Extractors are an effective way of manually removing blackheads as they keep your skin protected from scars.
Drinking water finally is the best way to keep your skin hydrated and protected from all kinds of skin oxidization. Adding lime to water can increase the alkalinity that prevents the production of blackheads.