Stretch marks are the visible lines that often appear on the surface of your skin with an off colour hue. These stretch marks are usually found in the abdominal region and may also appear over upper arms, buttocks, breasts and thighs. Most of the times stretch marks cover a very large portion of the body. They usually appear during the time of pregnancy and also during sudden weight gain or weight loss. They can also occur if you are in stress or if there is any change in your physical condition.
Skin basically consists of three distinct layers: Dermis, Epidermis and Hypodermic. Stretch marks are formed from middle layer dermis of the skin and when this layer is stretched beyond its power of flexibility due of rapid expansion or contraction of skin, stretch marks appear.
As a solution to stretch marks, there are a few ingredients which you can consider.
Castor Oil is used as a treatment for a number of skin problems which include age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, pimples, dark spots and moles. It can also be effectively used to get rid of stretch marks.
- Apply castor oil on the stretch marks and massage gently on the area in circular motion for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the area with a thin cotton cloth. Use a hot water bottle or heating pad and apply some heat on the affected area for at least half hour.
- Repeat this process for one month to get positive results.
Aloe Vera is also considered as a very effective treatment against skin problems. Aloe vera has very high soothing and healing properties which can take care od stretch marks.
- Directly rub the gel of Aloe Vera on the affected area and leave it there for about 15 minutes. Later rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Alternative method is to make a mixture of one forth cup of aloe Vera gel along with oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from 5 Vit A capsules. Applying this mixture on skin until it gets completely absorbed can remove stretch marks.
Eggs are considered as a rich source of protein. Using egg white for stretch marks is considered as a very effective way to remove stretch marks as it contains protein and amino acids.
- Apply egg whites of two eggs gently on the affected area and let it dry.
Wash it with water and then apply some olive oil to moisturise.